Pinnacle Hygiene and Pest Control Services has been looking after your pest control solutions, health, and wellbeing since 2007. With over twelve year’s experience in commercial hygiene and pest control, we have established ourselves as specialists.
Our customers in and around Johannesburg know they can depend on us and our pest control solutions because we:
- offer same-day quotation
- provide a full evaluation service
- guarantee long-lasting pest control solutions
- tailor a plan that best suits your pest problem
Our expert services include the permanent treatment and removal of rodents, insects and other pests in commercial and residential buildings without causing undue harm to the environment. We use chemicals that are 100% safe for children and animals (including owls) and which do not lead to secondary poisoning.
Are you experiencing a problem with any of the following pests?
Call us for pest control solutions! 086 100 0819
South Africa’s warm climate means that ants are an ongoing problem. They may not be dangerous, but an ant infestation is troublesome nonetheless. We recommend that you call on a professional ant control specialist to eradicate them and thereby prevent repeated invasions.
If you are experiencing an ant invasion, call Pinnacle Hygiene and Pest Control to deliver an effective, long-lasting solution.
Why is our ant control the best?
- We’ve been specialising in it since 2007
- Our environmentally friendly treatment offers peace of mind
- We recognise each species and know how best to remove it
- Our remedies deliver long-lasting results
What sets our treatment apart?
- We make use of a wide range of ant control treatments
- Our pest control solutions solve all infestations, no matter the species
- Early treatment prevents the spreading of ants
- Peace of mind because you know the problem is dealt with once and for all.
Bedbugs invade the cleanest homes, hotels and guest houses. Their presence has nothing to do with cleanliness. They are most commonly found in areas where groups of people dwell in close proximity. They live in bedding, upholstery and luggage and are troublesome pests to get rid of. For these reasons, bedbug control is a matter of high priority for hotels, guest houses, hostels and such. Because they are one of the most difficult pests to get rid of, the treatment requires a holistic approach. Don’t try and handle this type of infestation on your own, rather call Pinnacle Hygiene and Pest Control to make sure that they are completely eradicated.
A tailored solution
Our pest control specialists will assess your situation and advise on the best course of action. Are you a homeowner or the owner of a large commercial establishment? We can provide you with a bedbug treatment programme that suits your situation. We will keep you informed throughout the process so that you experience a level of service that is most efficient.
Here are 3 bedbug control tips from our experts:
- Regularly vacuum all bedding and upholstery as the first step towards preventing a bedbug infestation
- Professionally cleaned your mattresses regularly – this also helps prevent dust mites and mould which can lead to respiratory disorders like asthma
- Nip all suspected bedbug infestations in the bud. Call Pinnacle Pest Control to assess your situation and advise you on the best way forward.
3. Carpet beetles
Carpet beetles are hard to detect because they are small, but their larvae cause damage to carpet fabrics. Therefore carpet beetle control is necessary. If you think that you may have a carpet beetle invasion, call on the services of a professional company to expertly remove nests quickly and safely.
You can trust us because we have been managing all fabric pests since 2007. We will advise you on how to lower the risk of re-infestation.
Our treatment works
Our environmentally safe pest control programme will not harm pets or children. Our pest control specialists are trained to recognise and manage carpet beetle infestation. They will keep you informed on the process and advise you on preventative measures.
Preventing Carpet Beetles:
- Frequently and thoroughly vacuum, brush and clean carpets and upholstery
- Eliminate breeding grounds, for example, old woollen fabrics and old feather pillows, and don’t keep pieces of carpet off-cuts lying around.
Cockroaches can multiply very quickly if left untreated, spreading to surrounding properties in next to no time. Safely ridding an area of cockroaches once and for all, before they become a health risk, requires the help of a professional cockroach control service.
Cockroach control is of utmost importance for commercial establishments and public places such as hospitals, clinics, schools and care facilities. These pests are not only awful to have around, but they also carry diseases, and their droppings and discarded body parts can cause respiratory problems.
Why use us for your cockroach control?
- We have been managing cockroach invasions since 2007
- Our industrial quality products reach everywhere the cockroaches hide
- We offer a variety of cockroach solutions depending on your need
9 ways to prevent a cockroach infestation:
- Store all food in sealed containers
- Clean waste food and spills immediately
- Wash used crockery and cutlery often
- Remove food debris from under stoves and fridges
- Seal pet food overnight
- Dispose of refuse and compost in sealed bins
- Take proper care of soiled nappies and dirty clothing
- Do not leave dirty liquid in sinks overnight
- Unfortunately, electromagnetic or ultrasonic repellents are mostly ineffective and therefore not recommended to control cockroach infestations
Even though our repellent products are industrial quality, they are 100% safe for animals and children. Our highest priority is safety
South Africa’s warm weather means that flea populations survive through most of the year. They reproduce faster than you can kill them, which means that getting ahead of the flea’s lifecycle is challenging. Fleas don’t only live on pets; they make their homes in bedding, carpets and wooden floors. This means that they are a problem for commercial properties as well as homes. To eradicate fleas effectively requires a holistic approach. The most effective pest control solutions involve a thorough strategy that gets to the root of the problem.
How to control fleas:
- Vacuum everything from floors to upholstery and bedding
- Implement a de-fleaing timetable if you have pets
- Citronella and mint essential oils are natural alternatives for humans, but animals are allergic, so take care when using them.
- If a flea problem gets out of control, contact a pest control professional who can assess the situation and advise you of the best plan of action.
Fly management becomes more pressing for homeowners, food establishments and people in general in the warm months. Flies are a nuisance, and they transmit diseases like Salmonella, Dysentery, Tuberculosis, Cholera and Parasitic Worms. Because these pests breed at such a fast rate, it means that a fly infestation can happen quickly.
Why choose us for your pest control solutions?
- Our service is fast and effective
- Safety is our highest priority
- We have a range of fly control solutions
- Our treatment is environmentally friendly
- We will treat small infestations and recurring problems with the same enthusiasm
- DIY control is not always practical. Specialist pest control solutions are the best option.
10 Guidelines to help you prevent a fly infestation:
- Always cover food
- Wipe up food and spills immediately
- Clean food from under kitchen appliances
- Keep compost enclosed
- Ensure all refuse bins have tightly sealed lids
- Treat drains that attract flies with bleach
- Clean up after your pets
- Unblock gutters and water gullies
- Keep drains clear and running
- Fit fly screens to windows
The beautiful South African rain does more than make your garden grow. It also brings out the pesky mosquitoes. If you are constantly scratching your itches or swatting at hordes of mosquitoes, you may need a professional and safe mosquito treatment to eradicate these pests for good.
Turn the mosquitoes into no-squitoes with our long-lasting treatments.
Use professional mosquito treatments that work fast and are safe for internal and external environments. We work quickly to minimise downtime for your household or business.
How can I avoid mosquito bites?
- Avoid wearing bright colours or strong scents
- Cover exposed skin with insect repellent
- Reduce exposed skin by wearing long pants and long-sleeved shirts
- Close all gaps in doors, windows and walls to prevent mosquitoes from entering
- Avoid stagnant water where mosquitoes breed
Moths may not seem like a problem, but their larvae can be destructive, causing damage to fabrics, leather, furs, clothing and carpets. Minor moth infestations can be dealt with using DIY products; however, a significant moth problem will require professional assistance. Pinnacle Hygiene and Pest control provides effective moth treatments which will get rid of moths and their larvae for good.
How to dissuade moths from entering your home or office:
- Draw the curtains at night when the lights are on inside
- Frequently air undisturbed, dark areas; especially where fabrics are stored
- Do not store dirty clothing
- Regularly vacuum furniture to remove eggs before hatching
- Inspect lofts as moths are attracted to bird’s nests in the eaves of the roof
As carriers of disease such as Salmonella, Weil’s disease, E.coli and tuberculosis, rodents pose a health risk to humans and domestic animals. In addition, rats and mice also carry in other pests like mites, fleas, and ticks, which can cause diseases as well as acute allergic reactions.
When left untreated, a rodent problem can quickly develop into an infestation. A wide range of DIY products are available for dealing with the occasional pest. We recommend that you enlist the help of professionals if the problem escalates or if there is rodent activity in living areas of your home or public areas of your building.
Why trust us with your rodent problem?
- We have specialised in rodent control since 2007
- Our products are 100% safe for children and pets
- There is no secondary poisoning, so it is safe for owls and other predators
- Our programme is highly effective
- Our number one priority is safety
- Environmentally safe rodent control. We perform a pre-treatment risk analysis to ensure that the treatment is safe and does not harm any animals or vegetation in the area surrounding the infestation.
How do I prevent rats from entering my home and office building?
- Use weather guards on doors; rodents can squeeze through a gap 12mm high
- Close off known entry points
- Install mesh screens on windows
- Trim bushes or tree limbs away from the structure
- Focus on good house-keeping
- Keep the environment clean, and food packed away in sealed containers
Use these three steps to protect your property from termites:
One = detect
Two = control
Three = prevent
Different species lead
to various points of attack on your property
These termites thrive in colonies underground
These termites infest wood areas and do not need to be in the soil to survive
Infest lawns, gardens, and lands, but can also be found in buildings
We offer the following termite examination services:
- Examine all exposed wood and timber surfaces areas for damage to determine the severity of the infestation.
- Collect the termites, larvae and other evidence for examination to see if the infestation is still active.
- We take great care to identify all aspects of the infestation to prevent the expense of unnecessary treatment.
What are the signs of a termite infestation?
- Wood that sounds hollow when tapped
- Mud tubes on exterior walls, wooden beams, or in crawl spaces.
- Discarded wings from swarmers/alates
- A temporary swarm of winged insects in your building or from the soil around your property after rain
- Any cracked or bubbling paint or frass (termite droppings)
Termites too often go unnoticed until there is a visible sign of their presence in the form of the flying swarms of alates which occur during summer after rain. To detect these pests needs a specialist eye. We provide in-depth termite and wood borer solutions. Call us for a property inspection and evaluation if you notice any of the signs listed above, which may indicate a possible termite infestation.
11. Weevils and other ‘Stored Product’ pests
What starts as a single pest-infested product brought home from the store can all too quickly turn into a dreadful pantry pest infestation. The longer pantry pests are left untreated, the more products they will contaminate, boring through plastic and paper.
Food items most frequently infested include cereal products, flour, seeds, nuts, raisins and other dried fruits, powdered milk, tea, spices and cured meats. Non-food items include dry pet food, birdseed, dried flowers, garden seeds, and potpourri.
Once weevils have made their way into the pantry in your home or food establishment, they can be difficult to get rid of. They are most likely to invade food storage areas where they can get a steady supply of food for themselves and their larvae. Apart from removing their food supply altogether, a professional weevil control plan may be necessary to prevent an invasion. If you’re tired of throwing away ruined food because of relentless weevils, call the professionals for assistance.
Why choose us for weevil control?
- Our highest priority is safety.
- We will make sure that our remedies don’t contaminate any of your food stores.
- We can safely treat infestations in both homes and commercial warehouses.
- Our treatments are environmentally safe.
- If treatment proves necessary, it should be administered with care due to the presence of foodstuffs and food storage; therefore, professional assistance is advised.
How do I prevent a weevil infestation?
- Do not store food for more than four months.
- Store food in airtight containers.
- Buy food that is sealed in containers.
- Check all packaging dates.
- Food wrapped in clear packaging can be checked for the presence of insects.
- Keep your pantry clean as uncovered food will attract insects.
- In the event of an infestation, dried food can be stored in your fridge or freezer while you wait for the treatment to eradicate the pests
A blanket approach is not the most effective way to deal with pest control issues. We would rather assess your situation and then tailor a solution that meets your specific needs and budget.
No matter what pest problem you are experiencing, be it in your home, warehouse, workshop, storeroom, restaurant, cafeteria, hostel, hotel, guesthouse, clinic, hospital or office building; Pinnacle Hygiene and Pest Control Services has the best pest control solutions.